Let me pay tribute to 26 by listing some of the "firsts" I experienced before turning 27:
*Living in Manhattan for the first time gave me the following firsts:
- First broker's fee
- First encounter with a bug that actually made me shed tears out of fear
- First exterminator visit
- First Christmas Eve visit to the Rockefeller Center tree
- First sojourn to Williamsburg and Washington Heights
- First time trying on shoes that cost the same as my monthly rent
- First time getting a bagel and coffee delivered
- First time getting my laundry picked up and delivered
- First time riding the NYC Bus
- First Korean BBQ
- First walk around the Reservoir and visit to the Guggenheim
- First time attending a book signing
- First second-hand clothing store purchase
*First visit to New Orleans: First time taking the stage at Stiletto, first time riding a mechanical bull, first steamboat ride.
*First time taking actual business trips- First time ever to Chicago, first time going to Orlando and Phoenix on my own, first room service order.
*Discovered the joys of Guitar Hero, Rock Band, Absinthe, and Absolut Pears and Ruby Red, the Starbucks Double Shot on Ice, and private karaoke rooms with all-you-can-drink sake.
Is that it? Oh, and first time blogging.