June 24, 2011

Missa's Blog is now "Missa the Staycation Mama"


My blog was boringly titled "Missa's Blog" for several years now. I started writing on here before I determined a direction or theme and eventually stopped writing because I just didn't know what to write about. In fact, it was my husband that started this blog for me after hearing me talk about how I wanted one, and he used that title as a placeholder. It stuck. Without a theme, it was easy to become a lazy writer, so my writing tapered off.

Being a stay-at-home/work-at-home mom in New York City is an incredibly lucky lifestyle. When I have the energy to take my baby on adventures, they are truly magical experiences for both of us. I'm using this blog to chronicle our adventures around the city. I'm using this blog as an excuse for us to go on more outings, hopefully weekly, beyond our comfortable UES neighborhood. I'm hoping to show Savvy the world, country by country, without leaving her home town. I'm hoping to make everyday (ok, many days) feel like a staycation.

And I also want to use this space to reminisce about my traveling adventures. As I approach the big 3-0, I'm thinking a lot about my 20s and TRAVEL really defined my personal growth and some of my best memories.

So stay tuned, follow the blog, and give suggestions of what we should do around town.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...