April 23, 2008

The goal of this blog....drumroll please....

These are the topics that I think I’m qualified to write about and will force myself to do so as often as possible until I create a specialized blog (hopefully something I can monetize and use to become super-famous in the blogosphere).  But I’m new to this and don’t have any readers yet, so for now I’ll focus on:

 

  1. My relationship:  My boyfriend and I are like a barrel of monkeys when we’re together, and have a great thing going.  We’ve been together since high school and have lived together for four years, but also manage to be fairly independent and laissez-fair when it comes to socializing.  I don’t think this is weird, but everyone I know does!  So maybe I can shed some light on what makes us work well together.  People are always asking about us (why we’re not married, does he really exist, etc, etc) so might as well throw it all out there.

 

  1. My friends:  I think I am an expert listener.  I ask tons of questions, people tell me everything.   I’m just really curious about the human condition in general, what gets people going, what their issues are, nuances in their personality, etc.  And I was telling one of my best girlfriends this weekend that I want to tell some of my friends’ stories on my blog and she thought it was hysterical:  “So people confide in you, and now you’re going to tell their secrets to everyone??”  But that’s not it, though I will keep the sensationalist stuff anonymous.  I think I want to talk about my take on my friends’ experiences.  From a sociological perspective, not a gossipy one ;)  I swear!

 

  1. Random occurrences that NEED to be documented:  Like the time that I saw two dogs wearing identical bubblegum pink parkas cross paths right in front of me.  When the cosmos line up like that, you need to tell someone!  Too many absurd things happen all the time not to write them down.

 

  1. My career/expertise:  I’ve been in a similar industry for the 5 years since college and know what I’m doing.  Every job I’ve had has pertained to careers or graduate school admissions, and I’ve given over a hundred lectures on how to write personal statements, navigate the admissions process, personal branding, and blah blah blah.  I need to maintain my expertise in these areas if I ever want to expand beyond marketing and become a product myself (i.e. overpaid consultant).  And I’m learning that TONS of career-related blogs exist, so I need to get on the ball with this and be competitive.

 

  1. Things I get excited about:  I tend to be pretty laid back, basically because I’m so blunt that nothing really shocks me, but occasionally I get really excited!  Usually this excitement happens when I’m telling friends about how cheap my most recent purchase was, finding the most amazing sushi ever, reading a really great book on human sexuality or economics.  So when I have these ‘omigosh’ moments, I’ll use this as a forum to share the info.

 

That’s enough, right?  For 365 blogs posts a year?  Haha, we’ll see…

1 comment:

Eimi said...

I am exciting about you blogging! Woohoo!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...