I know we'll get everything ready in time. I also know that there's something we'll forget, and it may feel like a big deal but probably won't be.
One of the biggest undertakings of wedding planning is list-making: guest lists, address lists, subsets of guest lists, budget spreadsheets, lists of songs we like, songs we don't, lists of ideas of things I should consider adding to my to-do list...
Some of this has been fun to put together, like my list of potential favor ideas which currently includes sapling trees, a charitable donation, or fabric flower pins that guests can wear at the wedding if they want to be extra festive.
The bad lists have included the guest lists because I know there will be people that feel excluded. The latest one I'm having issues with is the Bridal Shower. I want just closest, closest, closest friends and family to help keep it low key and within a budget my family can afford, but then I don't want people who later receive wedding invites but weren't invited to the shower to think that they're on the dreaded "B List".
I made another list tonight; a list of major things I have left to do in the 105 days until the big party. Threw it together in about two minutes and thought I'd share it here since it's a good example of my free-spirited attempt at organization ;)
Plus, maybe I'll do everything on the list if I publish it:
- Wedding rings
- Marriage License -- Let's not forget
- Bouquets + Decor (Find vases + research spray painting, picture frames and photos...)
- Fill out "personal remarks" questionnaire by 9/1 so Rev can personalize ceremony
- Jewish stuff: Chuppah and assorted accessories (Rob)
- Boys' attire
- Honeymoon - Let's not forget!
- Hotel discounts for guests, then update wedding website
- After party plans? Hudson Hotel bar perhaps...
- Shopping for mom's dress and shoes
- Make hair appt...Figure out what to do with hair...
- Decide what to do about makeup...Get a makeover and buy new products in case I DIY my face
- Invitations!!! This should be #1. They need to go out in early Sept...def by end of Sept...
- Other stationary, like place cards, table numbers/themes(?), a sign convincing guests to write in our guest book, etc.
- Favors. Is a charitable donation okay? Which charity?
- Gifts for wedding party. Pressure!
- Figure out how to properly thank our families for helping us pay for wedding...